T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am hitting the "Outline" button in Flexi to accomplish this but it cuts the letters out of the outline I need a solid outline to lay the lettering on top of. If anyone knows how to do this it would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Not sure exactly what your looking to do, but I use the contour feature. You can change the size of the contour and it will give you 2 pieces. I use this when putting names on checkered, plaid clothing. For instance a white background around black letters. If this is not what you meant, maybe post a pic, and I will try to recreate it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I meant. However in flexi when I put a contour around the lettering and send it to production manager you know how it will seperate the colors for you well when I click on my contour color it shows the contour but it also shows the letters inside it like its gonna cut out the letters. I don't want it to cut them out in that color I just want a solid background color I can lay my letters on top of. Thanks for helping

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Using the seperate contour cut will do what your looking to do. After you contour, under effects, the seperate option will appear. Use it then go into color trapping, make sure you click the check, to Ok it. You may have to change the order to see it, move one up or back. You will be able to seperate the words from the contour, and cut them this way. . Hope this works for you. Let me know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nevermind I was just using outline then from the design box changing it to contour once I picked "Contour Cut" under effects then separated it everything worked....

Thanks a lot man you kick *** thats why I love this place!

UPDATE: sorry I thought I had it well I got it to do what you said but when I send it to production manager it isn't showing the contour at all. It also will not let me change the color of the contour

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.