T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a cutter and wondering is it worth buying a 30in over a 24in cutter. can you do a lot more with it. I am going to use it for tshirts car decals and signs I know it can do a bigger area but does it make a big diferance for the money any help is great

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes we all think bigger is better
but this is my opinion
go with the 24 probably a Roland is good start
I bought my first Roland 24 10 years ago and use it all the time and have done nothing but blades and cutting strips. When I purchased it I was buying for t-shirts and of course it grew to much more.
You can do just about all you need with it.
For t-shirts, all the materials come 20 or less.
Last I checked and I may be wrong but getting 30 vinyl is harder to find in all colors and costs more of course. You want to do calculations to see if its worth it to stock that wide material. If your looking to do alot of 36 banners then doing it in one pass on a 30 cutter may work out. Other than that you can do 24 banner but ohter sizes are 2 passes.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I think a 24 inch cutter is a great size. I don't think you will need more (I haven't in over 2 years). I started with a inexpensive cutter and it still works great. I upgraded to a Roland gx 24 for the optical eye option for contour cutting( I have not used this feature,but wanted to have it ). The inexpensive cutter makes a little more noise when running/cutting, but cuts as well as the Roland. I suggest you check out the copam and refine made by UScutter. I think these 2 cutters will serve you well. .... JB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am new to this I do screen printing so this might sound wrong. when you said about making 2 passes can you use the 24in and make 2 passes to give you 48in decal can you split the image in the program and have the cutter do two halves if so than 24in would make alot of sense. Any info on this would be good

·
Registered
181 Posts
You got it
We just use Corel with a cutting driver
So just break the design apart were I want it and send each section separately as needed
Fancier cutting programs will tile it automatically
but somehow I feel safer putting the divisions where I want them
When you have an image larger than 23" you can cut it apart in Corel (trim function) and send each piece

1 - 5 of 5 Posts