T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got a gcc ex 24 and have been tinkering a bit, made a bunch of decals and what not... having issues though.

-How do you set up to cut a small piece like 24" x 12",
is that possible? I know I can just set my page size in corel draw thats simple but how does the cutter know what size ect. the vinyl is, I even set the paper size in the driver...?
wasting lots of vinyl it sucks!

-Also a lot of the time the blade will peel up corners of the vinyl on smaller stuff and will even end up peeling them up and dragging them, not always just sometimes, super frustrating? I know some one has seen this before so please help!!!!

Also I know most of you probably have rolands or graphtecs so you may not have specifics for this machine but general info on how machines preform in regards to my above mentioned dilemas would be awesome!:D

· Registered
444 Posts
On a 24" cutter you usually cannot cut the full 24" wide. So you would need to cut it 12" wide and 24" long.

On the second part I agree with John as far as the downforce and blade extension and would also add in slowing the speed down. I would also make sure that you don't have a piece of vinyl stuck on the blade or the blade holder. Sometimes you get a small piece that you can't see unless you remove the holder and it will pull up small pieces as you cut. Also make sure you have a sharp blade so it isn't pulling the material, especially when making delicate cuts.

· Registered
449 Posts
Is your vinyl a 24" by 12" piece? If so, when you load the material select "piece". This will measure the width and length. In the Cut Studio software, go in to Cutting Setup, make sure your GX-24 is selected and click on Properties. Then, click "Get from Machine". This will get the material size from your cutter and adjust your page size in the software.

If your piece isn't actually 24" x 12" but you would like your page to read that way, follow the same steps but instead of hitting "get from machine", just put your numbers in the box and hit ok. Keep in mind this isn't your true page size!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.