T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
for what purpose...sublimation does not leave an window...has no hand...and so what is gained by running though a cutter...You do know that sublimation is only for white and some limited pastels from places like vapor ware..

So there is absolutely no need for a cutter...if I understood your question

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The need is for placement purposes. The application for which I'm using my sublimation prints requires exact placement onto my substrate. In order to do that I need to see the edges.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
then look for a cutter with optic eye or other registration system...they are not cheap. But before buying I would Ifind some one with the cutter and get a carrier sheet and see how it does

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm very new at this so please excuse if I am way off base but if I understand vinyl cutters they only remove a layer. With a sublimation transfer there is only one layer and I don't think the cutter would cut all the way thru therefore making it removable. When we first started our company (8 months ago) I did have a conversation with Stephen at Conde about using a vinyl cutter to cut out iron on transfers but don't remember the details.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A vinyl cutter will cut through sublimation transfer paper if you use a carrier sheet and adjust the blade depth. Some transfer papers being coated media, are prone to flaking though, so you could lose some definition on your edges.

With zero margin you also have the problem of ink going onto your platens, or cover sheet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts