T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI I need help turning my logo into a cuttable file I am trying to make it in glitter vinyl 2 colors i need the oval part to be closed in totally which would be one color vinyl & then i need the other part which is the text to be in a different color glitter so i would need it to be cut out in order to place the other vinyl color on top not sure if that is making sense I have been trying to make it myself and it is just not working can someone help me make it or tell me how much you would charge to create it for me so i can cut it on my plotter thank you i am willing to change the smaller font if need be to be able to cut it our better

Attachments

· Registered
3,095 Posts
See how these files work. I found the "Frenchy" font but wasn't able to identify the other one, so it still has that "vectored" look. You might see if your customer knows the name of this one or if he will let you use a substitute...but this should cut well either way.

Attachments

· Registered
4,279 Posts
there are different styles of glitter out there

some cannot be layered on top of each other, and some don't play well with fine details
i would recommend the flat style glitter for your design and not the full/thick embedded glitter vinyl

no cash payment necessary for the above advice,
please remit one tarte or brioche
thank-you

(our friend's family are also frenchy breeders up here)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OMG too funny Brioche & Tarte were my faves!!! I was going to say how did you know I was a frenchie breeder LOL duh my logo thank you so much the glitter i am using is flat so thats good I can change the font for the other texts if you think it will cut cleaner. do you know the name of the font for the frenchie word? that way i can write it down. the logo is mine not a customers i am making myself shirts LOL who are the breeders friends up where you live? I might follow them on IG

· Registered
4,279 Posts
Neil will probably come back and let you know what he used for the 'frenchy' part,
for the san-serif i mocked it up with 'antonio' font (it is a free font), for a different look

you should be able to open up this pdf in your vector program and simply ungroup and regroup each color you want for cutting
Neil's are already separate vectors

i like your logo,
perfect match for the pupper-do's

i think our friends are just 'hobby' breeders,
although i seem to recall the pups went for a price that made us question our very existence
they are good people though, not 'puppy mill' tier,
just not registered
i'll see if i can find their name

Attachments

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt even notice that Neil & you were two different people i just looked at the black tshirt icon LOL i really feel dumb right now thank you both for helping me I am going to try & see if I can cut them out and see how they look on the shirt you guys are life savers I need to make some shirts for myself before the dog show at the end of the month. we are small hobby breeders too (thats the best kind) yes frenchies are a pretty penny LOL thanks again for all your help

· Registered
621 Posts
How do i make this cuttable to where the text cuts out of the oval background in corel draw
Probably select the text, then select the oval, then use the Trim function. But, the Frenchies Part is all one curve. You might have to isolated it somehow before the trim. Easiest way would be to duplicated and delete all the cruff.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
Either trim or combine in this case should result in what you need. If you use combine, copy all the graphics to your clipboard first then you can paste it to another layer (or just move it to the side to create a separate cut file...)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.