T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut material like this, to get this effect. I'm guessing you could cut out squares of material and use spray adhesive to mount it to some mylar, the cut it. My concern is that the material is too soft and stretchy to get good cuts. I know you don't look for the same detail in this type of effect you look for in normal cutting but...

I guess some of it could just get hand cut if you wanted to take the time to do it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I've tried to mount and cut cotton before on the GX-24 with no success. I think a flat bed cutter like the Ioline 300 is better suited for random fabrics (ones that aren't your standard twill).

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have a dye cut machine for fabric. I sell alot of different fabric shapes for quilting on EBay and at some local crat show. Greg if you need some shapes I would be glad to cut them for you for FREE. It not take 10 minutes to cut a thousand of the same shape. Let me know if I can help you. .... JB

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I may be wrong, since I haven't had much experience embroidering, but the Abercrombie one looks like they may have just put a piece of cloth overtop the shirt and embroidered through the cloth and the shirt, then just cut away the outer area of the cloth.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may be wrong, since I haven't had much experience embroidering, but the Abercrombie one looks like they may have just put a piece of cloth overtop the shirt and embroidered through the cloth and the shirt, then just cut away the outer area of the cloth.
It looks that way but that would be more time consuming than cutting them firt and sewing them as applique. I found the contract printer and embroiderer that does the work for Abercrombie but I was hoping to be able to get the same look myself. I also saw a company at the Chicago ISS show last week that does all the lates techniques. They are called Sportco.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a dye cut machine for fabric. I sell alot of different fabric shapes for quilting on EBay and at some local crat show. Greg if you need some shapes I would be glad to cut them for you for FREE. It not take 10 minutes to cut a thousand of the same shape. Let me know if I can help you. .... JB
Thanks JB. I'll see what I come up with as far as worrk. I would pay though. I don't want anyone to do work for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts