T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i was thinking about this.. as far as im aware this is the process for cut and sew (briefly not full detail)

1) fabric is made spun into round shape for the t-shirt
2) fabric is printed on.
3) fabric is cut
4) fabric is sewn.

RIGHT this is where im confusted.. in step 1) the t-shirt is spun into a long piece which is the body of the t-shirt, it's cut of at the top and bottom, but the whole front and back panel of the t-shirt are made together,

question, how is this then all over printed if you have the front and back attached and not physicaly possible to print on both at the same time? and to continue the print accuratly all over.

hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I'm not a screen printer so perhaps others are more knowledgeable, but I don't think it's possible to have one continuous screen print on a tubular t-shirt. I think the prints you are referring to are on side seamed t-shirts. The fabric is laid flat, then printed, then sewn together. When done correctly, the print looks like one continuous print.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this makes sense.. i counldn't imagin how a tubular shirt would be printed.
gona head into town tomorrow see if i can find any cut and sew tubular prints to disprove this theory. if not i guess it must be how. not a fan of side seem shirts.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had allover printing made on tshirts. But the process we used was having fabrics knit, dyed and printed and then cut and sewn.
However, have you thought about belt printing? I know some
people do belt printing where they accomplish some sort of overall printing. Different effect from printed fabrics cut and sewn.

Aravind.
apparelsourcingusa.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had allover printing made on tshirts. But the process we used was having fabrics knit, dyed and printed and then cut and sewn.
However, have you thought about belt printing? I know some
people do belt printing where they accomplish some sort of overall printing. Different effect from printed fabrics cut and sewn.

Aravind.
apparelsourcingusa.com
i don't know anything about belt printing will try have a look in to it, i imagined some sort of thing like this would be the only way..
if anyones got any info on belt printing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts