T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, is there a way to Cut and paste in Illustrator so that when I paste a shape back into the layer in its original position.

As im having trouble having to realign everything when using the pathfinder tools.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank mate, its a tricky one to describe.

But.......Ok, iv got two shapes that I want to use the pathfinder tool so I can delete the parts of the shape or fill not overlapping.

to do this I have to copy one of the shapes, then paste it back in after using Pathfinder.

But when I paste the shape back in to the layer its not in its original position, so i Have to move it about to get everything to fit.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey guys, is there a way to Cut and paste in Illustrator so that when I paste a shape back into the layer in its original position.

As im having trouble having to realign everything when using the pathfinder tools.
Yeah, that's a particular feature of Illustrator. Control/F Paste in Front will paste back into the same coordinates. Control/B does the same, but pastes in the Back of objects. Control/V pastes to the center of the screen, so if you pan over and zoom to a spot then do Control/V it will paste to the center of what you're looking at rather than dead center of the document. Between the 3 you have excellent positioning flexibility.

You can also enable paste remember layers so that you can copy objects from a range of different layers, then paste them into an entirely different document and it will rebuild all those layers in the new document and put the objects on them. Or paste back into the same document and have all objects go back to their original layers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.