T-Shirt Forums banner

Customer Issues with Cracking

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mkdub07 
#1 ·
We are trying out different transfer papers. We print on an Inkjet printer and have had success with Jetflex Premium. We recently tried Inktra and noticed it does crack when pulled lightly and would even more after washing. Has anyone used this product? Have you recevied any customer complaints due to the cracking? Do you tell them it will crack to avoid the surprise? I like the fact that it doesn't flake like the Jetflex and the color is vibrant, but am concerned the customer will feel it's not a quality product. Thoughts and/or advice?

Thanks!
Mindy

#2 ·
Are you printing on light shirts? If so, have you tried Jet Pro Sof Stretch? That's the paper of choice here apparently as far as inkjets are concerned. I haven't read anything here about the other 2 papers you have mentioned. Badalou has a great video on youtube.com showing the quality and stretchiness of the paper.

#4 ·
If you stretch anything hard enough of course you will get some cracking, even with screen printing I can stretch it to make it crack.

I'm not sure what you mean by cracking to be honest? Is this when it's just sitting there or when you really stretch it out?

#5 ·
It's when I lightly pull on it that it happens. It doesn't take much strength when pulling to make the design crack or separate in spots. I'm actually more concerned with the customer's reaction. I realize it will happen, but I'm just wondering if anyone have issues with customers complaining about this and how did you handle it? Just want to have a high quality product that meets customers expectations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.