T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had two requests to quote on custom transfers only. They don't want them pressed, they just want me to get the transfers printed and sent to them. Anyone else get these requests. I guess I can mark them up so I'm making decent money on them but it seems odd for some reason. Maybe not.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Many of my own customers are 'odd'.

Does seem strange that they probably have access to a heat press, but not a printer. If it was the other way around it would make more sense.

Just follow Will's example and take the cash off them.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many of my own customers are 'odd'.

Does seem strange that they probably have access to a heat press, but not a printer. If it was the other way around it would make more sense.

Just follow Will's example and take the cash off them.
I have no problem with that. Just not sure what to charge. He wants 50 each of 2 color and 3 color. Add $2.00 to the each and make a hundred?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Make sure you cover your labor rate for the time it will take to be their "Broker".

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I would charge a fee equal to wht you would have charged just to have pressed them. I would $1.50-$2.00 would fair. .... JB

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I've had two requests to quote on custom transfers only. They don't want them pressed, they just want me to get the transfers printed and sent to them. Anyone else get these requests. I guess I can mark them up so I'm making decent money on them but it seems odd for some reason. Maybe not.
When you say, "sent to them"; alarm bells start going off.

·
Registered
293 Posts
most people have an inkjet printer or color laser but not necessarily a heat press. I would make sure I got paid up front and that if it was a check or money order that it cleared the bank first. I had a counterfeit check a couple of months ago. the check was drawy on a real bank with a real account but the account holder didn't write the check. The check came back after it cleared my bank
Philip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts