T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new to this site and it really seems real useful for beginners that want to start a custom t shirt company or just make thier own. Just dropped out of high school and trying to get my GED and enter a TECH school to learn more about graphic designing.My dream is to be making hot urban shirts like for models and hip hop. Still stuck on what school to go to for good learning of graphic designing

I have a few questions i could use help on and your thoughts on my work.

1. For my first question i would like to know if when working with adobe to make a design what would be the required size for the design so it can fix in a t shirt

For example this work in progress

This picture i would want to be like the photo below
Its like those t shirts that have like some kind of paper photo like some Biggie and 2pac shirts if anyone have seen. And what format does the picture have to be to be custom on a t shirt, like does it have to be JPEG or it doesn't matter

This photo like the cloest i can show of what i want it to be.Couldn't find those 2pac shirts like it.I would want the design above to printed on something like this example shirt.What would a good size for the design need to be for a shirt like this and where would it be good to go to have it made. Im from Clifton,New Jersey. So anywhere near would be good.

Next for this next design im working on.What would the photo size would need to be to like that would be about the same size as the picture below

example i would like the picture above be like

Hope all this made sense, just trying to learn:D
Any feedback on my work and questions would be really useful. Also if have any ideas on improving my pictures would be nice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would say the one thing you should focus on more is what design you would like. If you aren't planning on printing these with your own equipment then odds are the person printing them for you will give you certain image requirements. Most will tell you the image must have a 300 dpi resolution or more. You can adjust the resolution in photoshop when you open a blank tablet. Just find the pixels/in. and put it at 300.. i like to put it at 600 to get a little better quality.

The images you are trying to have printed are rather detailed and complex... To get photographic results, you will most likely need to find someone with a Direct to Garment printer (DTG for short). If that isn't in the cards then you might be able find someone who does heat transfer or sublimation to get it done for you.

Do a little more research on screen printing to get an idea of how the process works. There are certain limitations in the process that you will see if you take the time to read up on the subject. check this link for a brief overview. It will help you to visualize the screening process.

Screen Printing Process, Screen Printing History, Silk Screen Process, Screen Printing Information, Silkscreen Process

·
Registered
9 Posts
as far as I know, there isn't a standard size/format for every single printer. you'll have to find out this information from whom ever you decide to work with.

as stated above, those images are rather complex so DTG is probably your best method of printing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.