T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM NOT LOOKING TO TIE DYE MY SHIRTS!!

what i am looking to do is have lets say a blue body 1 blue sleeve and then have the other sleeve be yellow. Does anyone know where this can be done or do i have to buy white t shirts and then dye them?

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
As far as I know, the entire colorless fabric is washed, bleached, and soaked in tank for a dye bath at high temperature, or at least that is how we used to do it so you can't re-dye just the body and one sleeve of a sewn and dyed shirt this way.

I know there are different methods of dyeing but I know they all entail soaking the entire fabric in a liquid dye. If a shirt can be dyed in such a way that only the body and a single sleeve is "colored" then it can be done. But if it entails printing or applying a color over a garment I don't think that is dyeing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Full immersion dyeing is not the only way to dye fabric or garments nor do all dyes require high heat. Where there is a will, there is always a way. And it does not have to involve a printing process (although it can as dyes can also be printed).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
As far as I know, the entire colorless fabric is washed, bleached, and soaked in tank for a dye bath at high temperature
You could always dip dye, maybe using a wax resist or something on the edge so you get clean lines. Like PJ said... tedious, but not impossible (just crazy :)).

Obviously I agree with everyone that the only practical way to do this is to make the shirt that way in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.