T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating whether to spend more time making my own designs/ paying people to make designs for me or doing custom bulk printing for clients.
I'd like to hear stories from others on how they determined which route they went.
I'm going to open up a store where my shop is already located so I can start selling merchandise.Along with online outlets like ebay. But in the long run, unless you are getting those big big orders, is silk screening for others at a bulk rate really worth it?

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Are you wanting to focus on selling your product, or selling your service. Some say it is easier to sell your serves then it is to come up with and successfully market a product. Others will say its leas hassle to print for yourself because you can design with the printing process in mind rather then fitting your process to someone else's design. There is also the argument that you are risking more printing products for you to sell rather then printing for others to sell or give away. Also do you have the patience to deal with the public and their quirky requests?

Just some thoughts. Personally I am doing both right now because it compliments each other and extends my income into two areas. Not to mention my wife is an artist and I take my shirts when she wants to go to an art or craft show. I am working on getting onsite customization together.

That's a tough question as you are the best one to know yourself and what you enjoy.

My two cents. Toss them in a well and make a wish.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a double edged sword. I guess I am now going to be selling my own stuff for the first time which should only increase my revenue. I dont necessarily think that giving the stuff way at the lowest end of the spectrum is bad because someone might still wear your stuff as a result which means exposure for your business. Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.