T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a good source for static window cling stickers / decals?

Like the kind you see in local brick and mortar storefront windows that have store hours or BBB info or "we support our local soccer team" type things? Or even like the window static cling ones that go on cars.

Anybody know if this is something that can be done with vinyl transfers, or does it require special paper? I don't want it to be "permanent". I like the kind that can be easily clung and unclung.

If window clings can be done via vinyl transfers, I guess this is something I should post in the classifieds :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Vinyl transfers would do the job but I dont know how long the clinggee would last ?

Cant remember the name of the company that makes them in kits ( I guess the Real Ones ) ..... they come in 2 colors I think. Red with a Black out line. " the real ones " :)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I think the clinggee material is transparent around the letters, just the letters are colored in. I assume they would come in various colors etc.

4" tall look big enough from accross the street, its funny how you can look at a 4" letters close up and looks small, but from across the street you can read them no problem.

Are you re-doing your store window ? :rolleyes: ( you should do that once a week you know ) :)

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's removeable, usually with a heat gun/blow dryer.
hehe, I'm trying to avoid "tools" required for adhesion, removal.

Are you re-doing your store window ?
Nope, I don't have a store window, per se :) I was thinking of a project where I'd like to give out free window decals to local businesses.

I just found this website with media that allows you to print them with an inkjet printer (I'm not sure about the longevity of this though):
http://www.papilio.com/inkjet white static cling film media.html

I was thinking of some sort of like this:
http://ergasplace.com/Merchant2/mer...Code=EGWC&Product_Code=NS01&Category_Code=SGN

But they'd be 1-2 colors max.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Dave, it looks like we were looking at the same websites :)

Standard being a waterproof ink printer
I didn't see any info about waterproof ink printing though? Are all inks waterproof, or is it something you buy? I didn't see any waterpoof inks on the mrinkjet site.

Or you can have them done,
I was on the KoolPrint website for a while, but their descriptions started to confuse me and they didn't use clear english:

koolprint said:
Static Clings (Vinyl) This is the perfect size and not too big, not too small! Sticks to all glass without adhesive! Actually Static Cling need to be scraped off. To remove these, just peel off and they are usable! GREAT FOR ALL
koolprint said:
Windows Stickers (Clear Vinyl) are something you are looking for? - You have reached the right place … Koolprint has all that you may ask for! The window stickers you get at Koolprint are indeed wide & varied, made of a variety of materials. Window stickers are deeply colored, and have all the richness of stained glass windows. Attach to any window/glass door by moistening with water. All our designs are sold assorted

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Rodney...you got it right...Impulse sells the static cling papers for printing. Clear plastic material you print on that clings to your glass, lite adheasives etc. Depending on your printers ink is the how long it lasts outside factor. This is exactly what you are looking for.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
A basic blog on stickers.

!. The Graphics, Decals or Stickers you see on car windows and store fronts are made of sign vinyl cut on a plotter and weeded.

2. Static cling decals are produce on a clear thin mylar material and do just what the name implies...cling by static. You can relate it to your clear kitchen plastic wrap but thicker.

3. Inks for outdoor use have to be UV resistant and waterproof for any type of graphic or decal. If they arent a lamination or clear coat needs to overlay the graphic.
Remember all those support the troops yellow ribbon magnets. Look at them now and you will see the cheap ones have faded and the better ones...the lamination is peeling off.

4. Die cut decals are done on a print cut system. These are basically logo decals in various shapes such as ovals or squares with the full color graphics inside. An example would be decals in Hot Topic or any skate shop and bumper stickers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts