T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using F&M Expressions and I am happy with the quality & service but I am getting killed with importing/duty charges. Anybody know of any in Canada? I am in Ontario

·
Registered
192 Posts
They are but it's so hard to get anyones attention. We tried getting transfers from them but nobody replys to emails or phone msgs so it's not worth the frustration if you ask me. Personally I would have prefered to use them as they would b canadian and right in my area.

2 cents

Mikey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We use VersaTrans which is in michigan but have no extra charges to pay. Quality and service is great.

Best of luck

Mikey
Am I understanding you correctly? You reside in Canada and order transfers from Michigan and don't get charged any duties etc to get them across the border?

·
Registered
192 Posts
yep, I pay $13 shipping from their site and they ship UPS. I receive the package a few days after I order and don't believe I've ever paid duty... As for why? That's a good question but I don't complain...LOL. And yes, I'm in Toronto.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a few places you can try:
I'm surprised Spot 98 didn't get back to you (I know the owners and they are great).
Other places are Entripy and Reflex 2000, both in Ontario.
There is also Starline Pacific-they have offices in the States and also in Ontario.
There is also an old post somewhere on this forum from before where someone posted all of the places in Ontario awhile back.

Hope this helps

Cat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the responses. I am very appreciative of all of the feedback. I have checked all of the companies mentioned and I'm still a little unsure as why the companies in Canada seem to charge for every step in the process of making them. What I liked about F&M is that the price listed is "the price". The others all seem to charge for setup, colour change, etc.
Is one of these companies setup like F&M? If I order the way it is in Canada I will end up paying more than if I go to the US and pay the charges to get it across the border. Sorry, I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the help - I am, but it is frustrating because I am going into a busy time and I order alot of custom transfers. I just wish I could simplify the process and buy Canadian.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
have checked all of the companies mentioned and I'm still a little unsure as why the companies in Canada seem to charge for every step in the process of making them.
I think this is NOT the case just in Canada, there are a lot of companies that make these types of transfer in the USA and else where. Spot Color Process, PUFF, GLITTERS etc. screen print process where you burn screens etc.

One thing to note, is that there are different types of transfers and some companies specialize in some types, others in other types etc.

....it is frustrating because I am going into a busy time and I order alot of custom transfers. I just wish I could simplify the process and buy Canadian.
Again, it really depends on your graphics and the finish look you want. If you are making a lot of transfers any company that is setup with a large automatic press that can run 28x40 jumbo size gang transfer sheet and also has the means of 4-color process or lithograph transfers can defenitly make your high quantity (1000 plus sheets) from about 15 cents/up per design/transfer.

What I like about FM (and I often recommend them) is that from what i've read they can run full color graphics in LOW quantities.

So, the bottom line is that if a certain company can produce what you have in mind at a good rate, go with it. :)

:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried Woods Transfers in Ontario? I would love to what you think as they are close to me and I'm thinking of ordering from them. Thank you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can request samples from them to try before you order. I have tested with their samples and they are decent, especially for the price and supporting other Canadian businesses.

I have not placed an order yet. There is another thread about Canadian transfers that may have started as a review for Versatranz by IntoTheT.

More info here:
https://www.t-shirtforums.com/plastisol-transfers/t789745.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive recently tried woods for 3 different jobs. great product and friendly service. reorders are easy as well, no need to resend artwork. turnaround is normally within 10 days but you have option to place rush orders as well. I am in New Brunswick and highly recommend them. They are our go to for screen printed transfers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts