T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Maybe this could get stickied. This is my list of plastisol transfer vendors with other info such as number of standard colors, turnaround, location, etc. Feel free to send me corrections and I'll keep this up to date. If anyone should be added to the list then send me the necessary info and I'll add them.

Google Spreadsheet Version which should always be the most current version.
vendors - Google Docs

Bitmap Version Attached, may not be current.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I hereby anoint you Plastisol Transfer King, you should expand this spreadsheet by including sample costs on 25, 100, 500 transfers in 1, 2, 3, etc. colors. :)
I already have :p, well quantities 12, 50 & 144, anyway. I just don't have any intention of posting that information. One thing I've learned while acquiring all that info is that least expensive is relative to what you need.

Some that stand out for having a good combination of speed and price are Howard Sportswear, Silver Mountain and F&M. But some companies are inexpensive for low quantities and expensive for high quantities and vice versa; some are inexpensive for 1-2 color prints and expensive for 5+ color prints and vice versa. If you have a lot of colors in your transfer then companies like Howard or Silver Mountain could really save you money because its easier to avoid custom color fees. I do work shirts and over half of all my transfers are white so F&M fills the bill with their lower prices and quick turnaround. So it really does depend on your needs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Versatrans is Located in Plymouth ,Mi. My name is Danny and I am the VP at Versatrans, thank you for putting us on your list.
I just recieved an order form Versatrans and I believe they have standardized their sheet size to 11 x 17. BTW their signature product was awesome. I printed a black image on a Gildan Saftey Orange t-shirt (50/50 blend) and was very impressed. As good as if not better than the screen printed shirts they recieved form another printer 2 years ago. I would not hesitate to order their product again.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last time I went through the list some of the websites no longer existed and I believe some of the phone numbers were dead, but that was months ago and I didn't keep track.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm about to order some plastisol transfers for the first time. Anyone have any negative experiences with a plastisol vendor? I have a rush job and have been going through some of the vendors listed all over this forum. But just wanted to know if anyone may have had a difficult time with a vendor.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think at some point I've read of a negative experience with almost every vendor. Everyone makes mistake, everyone. What separates companies is how they deal with those mistakes. What I've noticed is that the companies who are most commonly recommended (Transfer Express, Versatrans, F&M, Ace, Airwaves, Dowling, Howard, Semo, etc) generally make fewer mistakes and handle them promptly. There are plenty of other good companies as well. Contact the companies and trust your instincts. For a rush job look for a company with short turnaround times that is close to you.

1 - 20 of 244 Posts