T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new to the forum and screenprinting in general. I have a question regarding if it's possible to have custom ink mixed using the CMYK %'s in Illustrator. Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't find it. Is there a place that can take our CMYK color and mix it up or do we need to use another process? I've heard of pantone colors but am not sure how to bridge the two. Any insights is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance -

Justin

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Screenprinters will colour match. Some will charge a fee for it, others consider it a completely normal part of printing a shirt.

Pantone colours are standardised for accurate colour matching. Most screenprinters will Pantone colour match (though not all of them guarantee their results as being 100% accurate - unless your design is extremely particular that isn't likely to be a problem though).

Basically, most screenprinters will provide you with the exact colour you want (i.e. not just blue, or green, or etc.). You can talk to your particular printer about how they want you to specify the colours (they may want them in Pantone numbers, as it makes it very easy to know you're talking about the same colour).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts