T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

i have a Curing problem, when i print on black tshirt the colors and everything come out great.
Then when i heat press it and wash it all the colors fade.

I have read here on the forums a couple of sudgestions by other members but it didnt help me.

When i heat press i use medium to low pressure, 170°C
first i hover the shirt for 1 min then press for 3 min.
And it fades out. But it fades on multiple CMYK places.
Where only one color is, let's say Cyan it comes out great after washing.
But when i print a dark read (C-0%, M-90%, Y-90%, K-20%) it washes out. and you could see the white underbase.

And it allways sticks a little bit..

I have tried to press it more (3min + 1min) and it did the same thing.

I have even whent to 200°C but nothing.

I believe i put on pretreatmant corectly because the white never washes out.

The press works just fine,
I have a press with a silicon base and metal top panel.
when i press i use a Teflon Sheet (even tryed cooking paper)

I use Fruit of the Loom 180g tshirts

The colors i use are DTGTEX

any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Some suggestions that have helped me (but not completely fixed magenta wash out)

1) Using a Nomex/Felt heating pad instead of the rubber/silicone pad. Or you can experiment with a towel. This helps steam escape from below the t-shirt.
2) Hover 1 minute, heat for 90seconds, open the heatpress to let out steam and then heat press for another 90minutes
3) Biggest help so far is to REDUCE the white ink coverage, especially if you have a thick or really pooling white ink. I have a theory is that if the white ink layer is too thick then the top will wash out easily as it does not get to bond with the pretreatment as much. Hence the white layer looks in tack but the top layer isn't chemically bonding as well as below.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some suggestions that have helped me (but not completely fixed magenta wash out)
Hi I print white on 1400x720 dpi
any lesser than that and the white is transparent

Ill try the towel sugestion later today and ill order a Nomex/Felt heating pad...

ill post later my results

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried the towel trick the print is a little bit better but still it washes out..
I even tried 720x720 but then its gray..

any other sudgestions ... im desperate...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Two things I have done.

1. Very light, light, light pressure when heat pressing. I press at 350 degrees.

2. I have the same problem with red dulling. I over compensate by making it brighter to begin with.

3. Try a different brand of Tees. They don't work the same.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The best way of checking the heat platen of your heat press for accurate temperature is using a digital pyrometer (temperature sensor) with a K-type thermocouple surface probe. Do not use an IR laser temperature gun as they are not accurate for heat press heat platens and can be as much as 150 degrees off.

Harry
Equipment Zone

Attachments

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Geo Knight does not sell direct, only through its dealers.

Weave, we do have the digital pyrometer in stock. I will send you a pm with pricing.

Harry
Equipment Zone

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Geo Knight does not sell direct, only through its dealers.

Weave, we do have the digital pyrometer in stock. I will send you a pm with pricing.
Then why is there a "BUY" button under the item? And why does it add shipping charges and go to a shopping cart when I press it?

This product is also available through Colman & Company - just thought it might be easier for him to order it direct as I do not know where he is located!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys... could someone please tell me what settings do you use for the Rip with Dtg Kiosk 2 for printing on white.

I have been printing on 1440x720 white in the Rip and in photoshop it was set on 1440

I just couldnt dry the shirt.

First i thought the press was the problem.
Bought a new one. Dryed two shirts posted here that it was a heating press problem. And guess what... its not...

so... just today i saw a DTG printed shirt (not printed by me)
It was a black shirt, washed 3 times, with perfect collors... when i touched the print... i noticed it was at least twice as tiner as my prints...

Now i tryed a couple of prints with diffrent settings and still im a little of...

Here are my settings for DTG and PS

Please correct me Here

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
These are my setting and they work welll for me. I use the “Color & White” instead of the custom setting. I also set my resolution to 720X720 for color and 1440X7220 for the white. Adjust the choke amount to factory defaults. In your printer box set RGB Source to “NTSC 1953” and the CMYK to “None”. Generate Pure Blacks to “NO” . Black Ink/Underbase Behavior to “Light underbase/ Use black ink”. Auto-white-Highlight to “5%”
Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts