T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an order that i will print tonight and they wanted me to use the red gildan 8000 and gildan 8000b t shirts. i have cured a bunch of the gildan 5000 and gildan 2000 which are all 100% cotton but the gildan 8000's are 50/50 blend. My question is, do i cure the same as far as time or is there any tricks to the 50/50 blend shirts? longer cure times, or shorter cure times?

thanks for the input!

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only use G2000 and G8000... cure them both with the same time and temp. Have not had an issue. The ink does not change based on what it is on. One exception would be if the material could not handle the high temp like a nylon... they make a special additive for curing nylon at a lower temp.

oh ok...i just knew it was a 50/50 and didnt know too much about that other 50...ha ha ha...i knew the cotton would be ok...so that is a good thing to hear...thanks for the quick reply...like i said i just didnt want to burn the shirts or anything...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.