T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lower temperature you ever used for curing white 100%cotton t-shirts? (and how long?)

we have to print blue solid fills on white t-shirt but after curing the fabric seems to (sort of) appear under print (other colors are all ok).
we tried to use white under blue (with different combination of %spot and %white), and we even tried without white under blue, we also tried different percentage of spray.
we even tried to cure for 5 minutes at 120°C and then , after some minutes, another 3 minutes at 140°C (at the moment the best overall result) but blues are still not perfect.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Try this. I'm not sure what which machine your using. But on white 100% cottons I use no white in there at all. I use only 10% spray. To much spray can make the shirt kind of come through on white shirts. If it's possible on the Breeze that I use when you make a print setting you have the choice of light, normal, or darker color saturation. Look to see if you can bump this up one notch. It helps especially with blacks and blues. I'm not sure what kind of dryer you have but actually bump up the temp to 160C but leave the shirt in there for no more then 2 mins or so. If it still smells of fixation run it through for like a min. Be careful not to burn the shirt. You may need to fine tune a bit. Basically what your trying to do is almost flash dry it get all the water out and cure. The longer it's exposed to heat the more prone it is to fade and your going to get shirt fibers to come out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.