T-Shirt Forums banner

Curing Alternatives

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  selanac 
Priv- I believe we are in the same boat, I am just a few steps ahead. I am new to SP as well, just bought a 2 color silver press kit. Came with a heat gun. First lot of shirts I did with black ink came out great- 2nd lot with white ink looked good, until I washed them and most of the ink came out due to improper curing.

Now I have people wanting me to make some shirts and I'm worried they will not be cured right. So I am also looking for some more info about other methods of curing.

There are some reasonably priced new flash dryers on eBay for $275 with free shipping, but I'm guess they will still not totally cure the ink? I did a lot of research (or so I thought) before getting into this, but never found much about the curing process.

BroJames- so is the sole purpose of the flash cure just to keep the ink from coming off the shirt if it touches anything? ie- screen, fingers, unprinted areas of the shirt itself etc? If so, I believe the heat gun is doing fine for me now- which brings me to my main problem of the final cure. I think I am going to go with a heat press, I found one on eBay for $204 new shipped to my door. It seems cheap compared to the other presses... Is it a hunk of crap? I probably would not do any more than 30 shirts a time right now, time is not a big issue with me as of yet, but quality of what I put out is.

Look at this on eBay:

15X15 SUBLIMATION DIGITAL HEAT PRESS MACHINE TRANSFER

http://bit.ly/GBd7ki

I think the heat gun works ok for low production like I am doing.

I just ordered a heat press off of eBay today for $204.99 with free shipping. It has a one year warranty, but I'm sure you get what you pay for... But I just don't have the budget for a real nice US made one yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.