T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I want to know the difference between PF Curable Reducer & PF Viscosity Reducer (Lancer Brand).
Is sometimes Viscosity Reducer do the same thing what Curable Reducer does? I mean if I dont have Curable Reducer in my hand then can I use Viscosity Reducer to do the same thing?

Thank you.

· Registered
69 Posts
I don't know (never used) viscosity reduzier.... i think it will reduce the viscosity... :). Cureable reducer makes the print a little softer (add max 5%) but the problem is the opacity gets a little down. So for light shirts no prob, but never use it with white ink!

· Registered
3,095 Posts
I don't know (never used) viscosity reduzier.... i think it will reduce the viscosity... :). Cureable reducer makes the print a little softer (add max 5%) but the problem is the opacity gets a little down. So for light shirts no prob, but never use it with white ink!
Perhaps the "viscosity reducer" is extender. I use extender when I print light shirts with opaque ink. So I just stock opaque inks in many colors and use the extender when I don't need them to be opaque. Extender is pretty much a plastisol without color and you can add quite a bit of it (sometimes 50%) to your opaque inks (when you're printing dark on light.)

Reducer thins the ink to make it flow better and feel softer on the shirts. As Jaenes said, a very small amount of this will will reduce the ink considerably. I used to almost never use it, but recently I've found myself using it more often. It makes the ink less sticky so the printing of multicolor jobs goes smoother.

I often use very small amounts of reducer (3% or so) in opaque inks. The opacity isn't compromised by the small amount and the prints can be dramatically smoother and softer. I find it particularly useful when I'm printing numbers with paper stencils.

· Registered
62 Posts
I wouldn't go as far as saying never use Curable Reducer with White Ink..I've actually never heard that before. I use a good amount of Cureable Reducer (Triangle/Triangle) and I've never really seen a lose in opacity at the amount I use, which is probably barely under 5%. In fact, Curable Reducer in a White Ink can help make some of the frustrations of printing white a little easier. I've noticed that it allows for the ink to be handled much easier, less sticky and much more creamy.

· Registered
3,095 Posts
Curable Reducer in a White Ink can help make some of the frustrations of printing white a little easier. I've noticed that it allows for the ink to be handled much easier, less sticky and much more creamy.
Yep, and it can result in a smoother and nicer print too. And as I mentioned above, with number stencils sometimes you can get clogged screens between numbers with opaque inks. A little reducer all but eliminates that problem.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.