T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

just wondered if anyone could help with the issue i have with my cto630, i bought it a week or so ago and after a lot of setup i still can't get a cut i am happy with.....the pic attached is my loft setup and the other pic is of the jagged lines on my lettering which i need to solve, any advice or answers guys?

Many thanks,

Rob

Attachments

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate, it's an ai file, no double lines and no hidden strokes etc, cut exactly the same
File on the graphtec at my works and comes out spot on. Wanted to go on my own, was gonna say am I expecting too much from a graphtec to 630 but surely it should cut lines straight?

· Registered
771 Posts
Could be an issue with the carriage or with the blade holder. Try a plot with the plotter pen to see if you get the same results. If the results are smooth with the plotter pen it is likely the blade holder. See if your blade is freely spinning in the blade holder. Check the play in your carriage and see if the carriage arm is free to jiggle. There should be little to no play in the arm of the carriage.

· Registered
3 Posts
I design in Inkscape and cut with LXI. I figured out earlier on that I can't copy from Inkscape and paste into LXI or I get distorted cut lines. From Inkscape I have to save the file as an .EPS file. Then from LXI I need to IMPORT the .EPS file and it's fine. Minor issue but such a huge difference, hahaha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.