T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there had the opportunity to try CS4 yet? I will eventually have to upgrade, but I always hold out as long as possible.

Anything in there that will make my life easier? Enough to justify upgrading sooner?

· Registered
111 Posts
I Heard (so im not sure if its true) that CS4 is optimized for the Power pc macs. with the intel chips, and to be optimized for to be faster and not so power hungry. Other than than that i havent heard anything.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I got on the Adobe website and found three reasons to upgrade sooner than later. Here's the link:

bitmap to vector | Adobe Illustrator CS4: features

SEPARATIONS PREVIEW!!!!!!!
I've been waiting for that one for a long time! I may upgrade just for this feature. They've had the capability to incorporate this one for a long time, clear back since version 9.

Multiple artboards and the ability to output each arboard as a separate pdf page, very cool! I have needed this feature many times.

I think the transparency and gradient enhancements will be very helpful as well for screen-printers.

Now I'm going to have to check out Photoshop. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree, tabbed windows would be really nice especially in Photoshop. It would make it a lot faster to copy and paste channels from one file to the other.

· Registered
1,245 Posts
photoshop cs4 extended is awesome... it loads a lot faster than cs3... the layout is a little different... but nothing major for people who are used to cs3... the 3d ability is really cool... painting on meshes(models)
i'm still exploring the new stuff... i know the 3d stuff doesnt apply to tshirts... but its cool for graphics and video...

cs3 is still amazing and can do any shirt design stuff needed also...

· Registered
386 Posts
i feel like cs3 was just released yesterday. cs4 is way too soon..... and makes me wonder, why adobe didn't include these new features on CS3?.....
adobe really knows how to make money..... watch out guys, cs5 pro'ly underway.... :)

· Registered
9 Posts
Anyone seen any details about vinyl plotter plugins? I just upgraded to CS4 and Cutting Master Pro doesnt seem to integrate. I hate having to export and then load into another program just to send it to the cutter lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.