T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing art for years and have decided that I'd start doing all the artwork for my band.. webdesign, t-shirts, etc.. And so I've designed our next T-Shirt.

Looking at the past design I've noticed that each seperated color has clean, crisp edges with little or no semi-tones along the edge. I've been somewhat able to achieve the same effect but upon color separation I still have random bits of color popping up where they should not be. I'm guessing it's probably the brushes I'm using, but can't be certain.

Any tips on how to keep lines crisp? Should I be using the pen tool? Or should I just go to Illustrator instead... I prefer photoshop for t-shirt and CD Insert design...

Thanks.

· Registered
48 Posts
I've been doing art for years and have decided that I'd start doing all the artwork for my band.. webdesign, t-shirts, etc.. And so I've designed our next T-Shirt.

Looking at the past design I've noticed that each seperated color has clean, crisp edges with little or no semi-tones along the edge. I've been somewhat able to achieve the same effect but upon color separation I still have random bits of color popping up where they should not be. I'm guessing it's probably the brushes I'm using, but can't be certain.

Any tips on how to keep lines crisp? Should I be using the pen tool? Or should I just go to Illustrator instead... I prefer photoshop for t-shirt and CD Insert design...

Thanks.
Brushes are limited to 2000 pixels. Usually, this is not enough for a large t-shirt design, because it will not produce crisp image upon enlargement. Brushes could be good for smaller design elements and grungy-looking pieces.
What you want to do, is to create (or convert) your designs in vector format first (using Illustrator, or similar apps). This way you will have clear crisp edges, and image can be blown up to any size. You can also open your vectors in Photoshop at the desired size and resolution, and manipulate them even further, which won’t affect image quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.