T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best program for clipart/text manipulation...Easy to convert and use? Not to mention saving to PDF files. The one I bought SUCKS! You now who...
Support Mike.......

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Creative software

illustrator and freehand are probably the most widely used program for that sort of thing. both easily make pdfs. neither is cheap.

·
Registered
382 Posts

I'd have to say Corel Draw is the best program for beginners. It's interface is much more intuative than Illustrator of Freehand. And for the same price you get much more.

·
Registered
282 Posts

identityburn said:
I'd have to say Corel Draw is the best program for beginners. It's interface is much more intuative than Illustrator of Freehand. And for the same price you get much more.
I'm trying to learn how to use Illustrator right now, but a buddy uses Corel Draw and I concur that it is much more intuitive.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts

Corel is the way to go for sure. If your wanting to produce exceptional PDF files I would highly reccomend purchasing acrobat professional and printing your files to distiller. Corel does a good job of making PDF's yet acrobat and distiller will be that much more and a lot smaller in size.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the info.... I have done my homework and agree Corel is the way to go (for now). My only question is which one? 10,11 or 12...?
I will get the Illustrator package later. I just need to make simple 1-3 color designs, 300 DPI and convert it to a PDF file.
Should I go cheap? Sometimes CHEAP is good.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts

I have done my homework and agree Corel is the way to go (for now). My only question is which one? 10,11 or 12...?
You should probably get the most current version (CorelDraw X3 - 13)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Cool, I purchased the X3 CorelDraw(13) and an instructional DVD, on Ebay last night. Everything to my door for under $170.....
Now it's time to get to work....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

WOW, Corel X3 is the way to go!

It's easy to use...I'm VERY happy with the program. Work will be fun now :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

I might have a fiddle with Corel if I get the chance. It better be damn good to overcome my love of Adobe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I know Adobe is good stuff. My screen guy suggested it. I'm on dial-up and downloading Adobe would (probably) lock my computer up.

I think X3 is worth a fiddle. I took 3 clipart images. Manipulated them, added text and converted them to PDF. Then emailed them to my printer guy.

All in 30 minutes. From the box without any training. It was exactly what I needed. Now I can expand my ideas and create my own graphics. Without pulling my hair out, screaming at a stupid computer.

I have better things to scream at!

·
Registered
503 Posts

I just wish the old PhotoPaint is as nice a program to use. I think the only reason I keep it around, is it still has Trace in it and makes converting simple rasters to vectors. And as far as Illustrator,Im reading the For Dummies book right now, and I must be a head tramua victim cause DAMN.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts

If I want to take a vector image to him, what format can I save it as in Illustrator?
EPS files are usually good, but that question should really be directed to your printer (each printer has their own preferences).

·
Registered
16 Posts

I've been using Adobe for over 20 years. Started with Photoshop 1.0. Man I'm old.

I currently use Creative Suite CS2. I use InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to create my designs and finish them off. Cafepress uses jpg and png. I create it in InDesign or Illustrator and then finish it off in Photoshop.

I used CorelDraw years ago for a project and it was very clunky. I don't know about now.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

Studio490 said:
I've been using Adobe for over 20 years. Started with Photoshop 1.0. Man I'm old.
That's particularly impressive when you consider that Photoshop 1.0 was released sixteen years ago...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts