T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with creating my own templates for Rhinestones. I have tried all the software. I would like a good walk through on how to get started. I have bought some templates and fonts but want to get into the swing of making my own and maybe start selling them

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i know the designer edition of silhouetee studio has a rhinestone function
the studio is free and the designer edition is about $30usd here at swingdesign

i have played around with it, and it is simple to learn and works pretty decent
it's easy to convert to svg from silhouette sudio's native file, and then use your own cutter/program

let me know if you want some screenshots of its options and operation

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I am having trouble with creating my own templates for Rhinestones.
You could make them manually the old-school way using perforated sheets.

The same thing can be done in digital form using graphic software Incscape is one option and it's free.

Here is how to create "digital perforated sheets".
The video is showing a small one, but you can obviously create larger ones.
I don't like the rest of the video, because there are much easier ways to use the perforation patern, but hopefully you get the basic idea.

You can basically create different hole size and density sheets, and save them for later use.
Then you van simply place them over the object you need and cut/delete the unwanted parts of the "sheet".

A variation to this method is creating "patterns". These are basically tiles you can use to fill objects.
Here is a video showing how to create a circle tile.

In addition to that you can use the "Interpolate Sub-Paths"

I would like a good walk through on how to get started.
Obviously this is not an easy walk-through... but I don't have time to make one at the moment.
Seems complicated but it is very simple once you've done it a few times.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you looked at The Rhinestone World? Matt Vassalo has a number of You Tube Video's that offer training. He uses mostly Corel Draw. He has a macro add on that he sells on his website that makes creating a design a lot easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts