T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am new to T-shirt Forums and need some help. I have a baseball team that is looking to get T-shirts made with their own graphics on the front but the team want's their name and numbers to look the same as you would find on a Majestic Athletic Name and Number Jersey T-Shirt.

I am not sure if Majestic Silk Screens their t-shirts or uses vinyl. I have attached picture of the Chicago Cubs logo as it appears on the front of the name and number t-shirt. The names and numbers on the back have the same feel. If you run your hand over the print it has a textured heavy feel to it. I have attached a close up of how a number graphic is printed.

If it is in fact a screen print is their any way I can get the same look and feel using heat press transfers or vinyl transfers. I have tested ThermoFilm but it is too glossy and this not the look they want. I have received shirts from Majestic where you can see marks from where the press was laid down onto the shirt so I am just not sure. Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Oz

· Registered
3,506 Posts
yes, i agree. vinyl is glossy and might be close to feeling like screen printing (after about 15 washes) but you should think about plastisol transfers. check out some other threads about this topic using the search function on the top of this page.

there are companies who sell names and numbers in plastisol transfers wheere the pricing is much lower than doing vinyl and depending on the quantity would probably price out cheaper than screen printing.

· Registered
38 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am new to T-shirt Forums and need some help. I have a baseball team that is looking to get T-shirts made with their own graphics on the front but the team want's their name and numbers to look the same as you would find on a Majestic Athletic Name and Number Jersey T-Shirt.

I am not sure if Majestic Silk Screens their t-shirts or uses vinyl. I have attached picture of the Chicago Cubs logo as it appears on the front of the name and number t-shirt. The names and numbers on the back have the same feel. If you run your hand over the print it has a textured heavy feel to it. I have attached a close up of how a number graphic is printed.

If it is in fact a screen print is their any way I can get the same look and feel using heat press transfers or vinyl transfers. I have tested ThermoFilm but it is too glossy and this not the look they want. I have received shirts from Majestic where you can see marks from where the press was laid down onto the shirt so I am just not sure. Hope someone can help.

Thanks
Oz

Hi if you ever want to get into adding the numbers or names yourself, take a look at the Graphtec CraftRobo Pro coupled with Specialty Materials heat transfer film. The CraftRobo cuts the numbers and names with great precision while being efficiently fast. We have tested some of the Specialty Materials films and they have a great feel to them.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Scott. I actually ordered a sample of ThermoFlex Plus as well as Easyweed to see which one performs better. I have some Plastisol Number samples from Transfer Express so it will be interesting to see how they all come out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.