T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested if many of you create original logos for your customers to be embroidered, and if so what software do you use to do so?

I was considering the idea of getting a laptop with some nice software that could create some nice professional logos in vector format which could then be sent out for digitizing. Being able to do so would be a nice extra selling benefit to offer embroidery customers.

There are so many experienced people here, I would love to hear what has worked for you and what you use.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Our parent company creates logos for our customers, or redraws bad artwork on a regular basis. Our design department used Corel Draw. It seems to work well.

·
Registered
582 Posts
We don't 'create' original logos for customers.
They usually supply their company logo to us, in a digital form, and we digitize from there.

We have Corel for artwork clean up and Wilcom for in-house digitizing, we alo send designs out if work is busy and I don't have the time to digitize it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello
Adobe illustrator and corel draw is the best for creating logos and then send it to digitizing.
But you should have the artistic knowledge of creating beautiful logos.
We are a digitizing company, We first create the vector logo and then Digitize it professionally.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more queries.
Regards
Glider Digitizing

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yes, you can learn the basic of an artwork program such as Corel (that's what I use) but if you don't have a design background you'll need to familarize yourself with the elements of a good design. The best way to do that is to study what has already been created (check out logos on the net, in magazines, locally) and see what works and doesn't work by analyzing the colors, shapes, fonts, appropriateness for business, abillity to convey a message, uniqueness and adaptibility to different mediums. I suggest deciding on how you will handle revisions ahead of time because logo design can be very time consuming. There is software such as The Logo Creator - logo maker | logo design software available that will allow you to use templates to create logos if you don't want to start from scratch. I haven't used it but maybe someone else can comment on its ease of use and general effectiveness.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I just thought I'd add something - If you are new to design and do get into logo design I would remember these things when designing:
1. Design for the appropriate size
2. Consider the background (garment) color
3. Careful with color gradations

I receive lots of logos from people who designed their own logo and those are the most common problems I see. People send logos with tiny text that will never work for a LC logo, logos that won't be readable on the chosen shirt color and logos that depend on color gradations that can't be created in a LC embroidered logo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts