T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just have a quick question, how do you create formal text articles in Adobe illustrator Cs4, as in the article I have attached to my post. How do I structure the type correctly like the article attached, and if not possible in illustrator cs4, what program would I need? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use Illustrator a lot, but not for formatting text. Not sure it has as many functions as InDesign, which is what I use for doing large text layouts. You could also do it in word.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
you CAN do that in illustrator but adobe released indesign to be their powerhouse typesetting program.

if you wanted to you could use the text tool to draw text boxes that we be your columns. then go ahead and type in the text into each box. the font and word spacing, line spacing, formatting etc. is a matter of choice.

do your research about typesetting programs. indesign and quark are the two most professional. my question is why are you posting this on the tshirt forums?

·
Registered
8 Posts
do your research about typesetting programs. indesign and quark are the two most professional. my question is why are you posting this on the tshirt forums?
I had same question too :D

But, i just think positive, maybe our friend need to make a catalog for T-shirt products.

Or, make a magz design on T-shirt. :D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you bought an Adobe Suite and you have In Design, that is the program to use for typesetting if you have it. Otherwise, I agree that Illustrator is great for making one page typesetting layouts. Your question is too big to answer in great detail. There is so much to learn but there are a couple of main tools you can learn that will get you a long way to your goal.

The first one is Area Type Objects and the Area Type Options menu. The second one is the Text Wrap feature from the Text Wrap Options dialog box.

With those tools you can create columned text that goes around graphics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help everyone. I know this is a t-shirt forum, but this is the only place I know that responds quickly with a lot of helpful information from different users, which is exactly what happened above:D. But I will no longer ask anything not related to t-shirts, just thought I take a chance since this is the Graphic Design area, thank you for your help everyone!:D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
There is nothing wrong with asking about graphic stuff for brochures and related. This site discusses everything involved in running an apparel printing/embroidery/sign/wrap business (e-commerce, marketing, flyers/brochures and more). It has gotten a lot bigger than just a T-Shirt site.

·
Registered
230 Posts
-select the type tool and drag out a text box
-with the text box selected go to Type>Area Type Options
-at the Area Type Options input the number of columns etc.
-now for the image go to File>Place
-place the image you want
-with the image selected, go to Object>Text Wrap>Make

1 - 10 of 10 Posts