T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to create a light colored glow around text or an object in X3? I have read tutorials on creating glows using drop shadow but does not seem to work if you want the glow to be a light color on a dark background.

Thx

www.on-linejerseys.com

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I have X4 but it probably isn't much different. Select your object, select the [edit: should have been drop shadow] tool, go up to the preset dropdown box and choose big, medium or small glow; then change your color, etc. as desired.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Choose the interactive drop shadow tool. Go to the top left selection box and select one of the glow presets. Work your way accross the selections. The main one you want to change it the one that has "mulitpy" in it. Change it to "Add", change the color to white... find the other selections for feather and transparencies and adjust those.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Ken,

What I meant was, with the glow effect ...the glow is actually behind the object or font, thus show a seperation, cant we do the edges of objects blur (feather...or fade away in corel)?

tks

·
Registered
342 Posts
hi again ken,

are there anymore videos on corel?

When you finish watching the above video, look in your address bar. Delete everything in the address after /forum. Look there in the software section under design and illustration and corel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would highly encourage basic users of Corel to watch Kens videos. I learned more watching his videos then any other tutorials including the ones I paid good money to use. The biggest difference is Ken walks through it at a basic level. So many of the tutorials are presented by people who forgot what it was to be a beginner and fly around the screen, junp back and forth between Corel and Paint to the point of confusion. Many thanks to Ken for providing us basic users these tutorials!

www.on-linejerseys.com

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks!, I appreciate it.

But, I am not a power user. I am still learning just like most here. I too have wasted a lot of money trying to learn.

All of those videos were made to answer specific questions. There is no specific order to them. I read the forum here on a regular basis. When I see a question, I try to figure out the method that needs to be used. This helps me as much as it helps anyone else.

I probably should organize them a little better, but as I said... they were made to answer questions for others.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
As I stated in my orginal post I have tried the drop shadow method. Works ok on a light background. I am trying to get a white glow effect on a dark background -

Thanks again

www.on-linejerseys.com
You have to change the color which I mentioned in my post; obviously if you want a white glow you have to change the color to white. If you want a yellow glow you have to change the color to yellow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have to change the color which I mentioned in my post; obviously if you want a white glow you have to change the color to white. If you want a yellow glow you have to change the color to yellow.
That is not the issue. You can change the glow to white, yellow, etc and it still will not show unless you use the "add" command mentioned in Kens video. That was the missing piece.

www.on-linejerseys.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One big complaint - there are not more of them!!

Not being a power user allows you to do tutorials the basic user can understand.

www.on-linejerseys.com

Thanks!, I appreciate it.

But, I am not a power user. I am still learning just like most here. I too have wasted a lot of money trying to learn.

All of those videos were made to answer specific questions. There is no specific order to them. I read the forum here on a regular basis. When I see a question, I try to figure out the method that needs to be used. This helps me as much as it helps anyone else.

I probably should organize them a little better, but as I said... they were made to answer questions for others.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
That is not the issue. You can change the glow to white, yellow, etc and it still will not show unless you use the "add" command mentioned in Kens video. That was the missing piece.

www.on-linejerseys.com
Interesting, the preset on mine defaults to normal. Guess that is a difference between X3 & X4. Also, Add is not really a command but how the glow interacts with the background. Try experimenting with different settings and different color backgrounds and you'll see the difference pretty quickly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Ken,

Thank you so much, I actually diddn't know these were your own videos and u are taking time to make these to answer our questions, I want you to know I honestly appreciate what you are doing, you have no idea how helpful some of the hints are........ I have been using coral for a while now but I pick up alot of short cuts when I watch these.

The feathering question that I asked above is not exactly what you have pointed out, but more like.....what we do with photoshop, like bluring/father the edges of a photograph etc. I was wondering if you could do that on coral instead of using PS, Tks anyway, you are a good man.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts