T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and I first wanted to saw this is a great board Ive been reading through it for the past hour now. I have my own clothing brand that has up to this point been hand painted designs on t shirts. Im looking into getting my first line screen printed and I would like to do some sample tees and experiment with some things like making my own tags with screen printing at home before I send my designs off to a larger printer.

Ive heard and seen it around that it may be possible to construct a screen printing set up from materials that you could purchase from Home Depot and so fourth. Like a screen and the necessary bulb and so fourth.

If anyone could help me with links or pictures and information as to what I would need to purchase that would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

Phil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links! Both guides were great.

Im still looking for where to actually get the screens. Is there an alternative? Or should I buy them directly off of a supplies website?

·
Registered
227 Posts
LOCHNESS said:
Thanks for the links! Both guides were great.

Im still looking for where to actually get the screens. Is there an alternative? Or should I buy them directly off of a supplies website?
If you have any craft stores around you like "Michaels" they carry some small screens that would probably work for the small print your wanting to make.... A Warning is in order "Screen printing is addictive" If precautions arn't taken, before you know it, you'll be knee deep in Thousands of dollars worth of equipment,screens, and inks, having an absolute great time.... Good Luck with your venture..

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can pretty much DIY and build most things for screen printing from bench/press to exposure unit, but screens I’m really not sure, one thing I would say is shop around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts