T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time poster, long time lingerer. I submitted the following image to a graphics design/screen printing company:

[media]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34538170/2014R4L-Placement.jpg[/media]

and received the following e-mail back:

"The way it is in the design it is a 3 color front, 2 color back, 2 color sleeve – with it being on a dark shirt – it has to be that many colors. With that being said, I wanted to send you pricing before we mock it up so you know up front."

I'm curious, are they not going to use my submitted images (i didn't link these)? She mentioned the colors, however while it is RGB color scheme and very large resolution is the gradient in the colors going to show?

Thank you all for your help in advance

· Registered
6,595 Posts
Not sure what the art files you sent them look like, but the artwork needs to be properly color separated for screen printing. The number of colors they quoted you includes an underbase, which is required when the ink color is lighter than the garment color. The resolution won't matter, as they will likely recreate the design as vector art. Screen printing doesn't use RGB. They will probably use spot colors and assign a PMS value for the teal and pink. They could either recreate the art as solid color, where the purple-ish/blue gradient will be either solid teal or solid pink. Or they can create half tones where the gradient will be a mix of teal and pink (not purple and blue).

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what the art files you sent them look like, but the artwork needs to be properly color separated for screen printing. The number of colors they quoted you includes an underbase, which is required when the ink color is lighter than the garment color. The resolution won't matter, as they will likely recreate the design as vector art. Screen printing doesn't use RGB. They will probably use spot colors and assign a PMS value for the teal and pink. They could either recreate the art as solid color, where the purple-ish/blue gradient will be either solid teal or solid pink. Or they can create half tones where the gradient will be a mix of teal and pink (not purple and blue).
I submitted sRGB IEC61966-2.1 Color profile photoshop .PSD images. My lack of screen print knowledge lets me hope that they will be able to separate the colors out. I appreciate all of your help. Thanks. Then again, the company are the professionals, I just came up with the design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.