T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you guys can help with my rather newb observation. I saw these old style Football shirt T-shirts on ebay. There's quite afew examples but i've included two bellow;

GERMANY /DEUTSCHLAND RETRO STYLE SHIRT / JERSEY on eBay (end time 15-Jul-10 22:34:58 BST)

Retro Nottingham Forest 60-70s Style Football T Shirt on eBay (end time 17-Jul-10 20:57:16 BST)

The emblems/badges are all embroidered for these shirts. Do you guys think the sellers created these themselves, or had these manufactured elsewhere?

The reason I ask is that to produce bespoke embroided badges/patches/emblems for a small quantity (< 10) would be quite expensive -IMO.

Juist wondering how they'd make much of a profit after buying in the T-shirts, and buying in the badges?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
r_l

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope you guys can help with my rather newb observation. I saw these old style Football shirt T-shirts on ebay. There's quite afew examples but i've included two bellow;

GERMANY /DEUTSCHLAND RETRO STYLE SHIRT / JERSEY on eBay (end time 15-Jul-10 22:34:58 BST)

Retro Nottingham Forest 60-70s Style Football T Shirt on eBay (end time 17-Jul-10 20:57:16 BST)

The emblems/badges are all embroidered for these shirts. Do you guys think the sellers created these themselves, or had these manufactured elsewhere?

The reason I ask is that to produce bespoke embroided badges/patches/emblems for a small quantity (< 10) would be quite expensive -IMO.

Juist wondering how they'd make much of a profit after buying in the T-shirts, and buying in the badges?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
r_l

·
Registered
582 Posts
Bit hard to really tell in the images.
To me it looks like they are embroidered directly onto garment.

Have the design digitized for $12 - $25 ea
probably had 10 per size made up, keep cost down a little.
if so, that would mean about 60-70 shirts per design.
so cost of shirt (ringer tee by the look) plus 20c-40c per shirt to cover digitizing plus $3 - $5 per shirt for embroidery (depending on design).
selling at £8 - £13 (USD$12 -$20)per shirt

Reactions: retro_lad

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit hard to really tell in the images.
To me it looks like they are embroidered directly onto garment.

Have the design digitized for $12 - $25 ea
probably had 10 per size made up, keep cost down a little.
if so, that would mean about 60-70 shirts per design.
so cost of shirt (ringer tee by the look) plus 20c-40c per shirt to cover digitizing plus $3 - $5 per shirt for embroidery (depending on design).
selling at £8 - £13 (USD$12 -$20)per shirt
...doesn't seem to have much of a margin

·
Registered
582 Posts
33% margin - 50% markup - not that bad if they got the shirts cheap enough.
but they probably don't have a lot of overheads either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts