T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has anybody ever heard of washing your shirts before they were screen printed? Or washing them after they were screen printed but before hangtags were added.

The reason i want to do this is i want the buyer to know exactly how soft the shirt is (NL 60/40 cvc crew). I also want the buyer to know what it will feel like after that first wash.

Could this effect the inks if done before screenprinting?

thanks in advance.

-hoodranger

· Registered
1,145 Posts
So has anybody ever heard of washing your shirts before they were screen printed? Or washing them after they were screen printed but before hangtags were added.

The reason i want to do this is i want the buyer to know exactly how soft the shirt is (NL 60/40 cvc crew). I also want the buyer to know what it will feel like after that first wash.

Could this effect the inks if done before screenprinting?

thanks in advance.

-hoodranger
Hi H,
I often do it, specially in Burnouts, Enzyme washed, Sand washed,T-D or any vintages, if you've properly cured your SS print then there is no matter at all, also you may find the penalty of post washing conditioners which you can add to create more vibrant & cleaned look of overall garment, they also improve the handfeel, just care for the bleaching content in the detergent you re gonna use, i use jell based detergent with bleaching content less then 10% it is soft on colors.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
is that a serious post?

why not?
Many reasons. I would laundry a sample but not a production run. Then there is also the possibility washing with something someone is allergic to. Another shop was doing so and customer came in saying how they were selling used shirts.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
Yes to Sean and...

You washing and a customer doing it can be a VAST difference. Everyone doesn't wash the same.

Plus you're adding considerable labor and expense to your production.

AND you don't want your product to look or feel used, unless that's part of your marketing plan.

Wash test products for your own knowledge of how they and the imprint hold up.

And if you are applying hang tags, make sure washing instructions/suggestions are included.

· Registered
272 Posts
Just wash 1 shirt and use it as a sample to show customers how it will look after they wash it using the same wash settings you used. This way garment is delivered in "new" condition and customer can see and feel what the final product will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.