T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)
Just about ready to buy the Craft Robo Pro II and had a question that I just couldn't find the answer for / although I think the answer is obvious but wanted to check with yall first.
I'm printing 11X17 T-Shirts Transfers that I want to use the CRPro to cut out. -SO- Assuming I use a carrier sheet big enough to hold a 11X17 t-shirt transfer, is the cutter capable of contour cutting it (an 11X17 sheet)? I guess I'm asking if there is a max size. I know this is dumb as seeming that the cutter can cut to over 14 inches wide and over 100 feet long, but I've only seen YouTube videos conture cutting out 8.5 by 11 paper boxes and such.
All the help would be great. Thanks in advance. :)

Thomas
01comics.com
ka-blam.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Florimonte and welcome to the forum ;)
Personaly m8 i would go for a craftmate 330 which is more or less the same as the Craft Robo but is A3 in size.
Sorrt not sure what the size is for the robo pro version, but the craftmate 330 has the optical eye ect and as with it been a A3 its large enough for T`s.
As for cutin out on a larger carrier sheet, well you cna get quite a few large ones. but i`m not sure if your going to use transfear paper, if so they i would`nt use the CR or craftmate, as i`ve tryed and it just messes up the system and papper gets caught all over the place and is none useable, and is a mess.
They are a minature vinyl cutter so realy vinyl is best used, but if not useing vinyl with it then why not try out the self weeding kiss cut papper ? comes in A3 size aswell as A4 and is good.
Reason i say get the craftmate 330 is that i have one aswell as a larger 30" vinyl cutter and i use the craftmate more than the larger one and has payed for it`s self with in 2 months.
They come with a 18 x 12 inch backing sheet, so would do what you want.
Hope this helps m8 ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Florimonte the Craft Robo Pro CE5000-40 is quite capable of contour cutting transfer sheets of that size. You shouldn't have to use a carrier sheet with them, since they usually come with a backing sheet. However the backing sheet isn't to thick so if you are worried about cutting straight through it you can use the carrier sheet with it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
An open box Graphtec 15" Craft Robo Pro ust sold for $770 on Ebay plus the cost of shipping. That's a pretty good resale value for something that cost $899 unopened in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts