T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I just bought a craft robo pro 2 and I need help with useing the registration marks, I do not know how to use or set the registration marks around the image I would like the cutter to cut out, any help would be very usefull. I also have abobe illustrator tried that for registration marks couldn't get that to work.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have registration templates set up for use on a Roland Camm-1 if these are of any use to you? They are on Coreldraw.

Justin

·
Registered
382 Posts
The printer defaul sets them up automatically around your image. I use custom ones I create and space them out myself around the design. The default ones are usually too far apart and waste film.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
If you need help with your CR pro then go to Http://www.craftrobostore.com and check out the tutorials on the cutter and you can also join scrapping groups that can really help you a lot with the robo. I have the CR and they helped me a ton with understanding how to set up designs and import dxf files and with tracing tools for designs. I belong to Wishblade Venting which is a Yahoo group and the moderator is sharp on both CR's and also has tutorials on cutting designs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I do want to know something. I have been seeing like two kin d of different Craft Robo models , one with the grey top and one with tranparent blue top which one is the CR 2 with the new features and which one is the old one???? Please I do need to know cause I will buy one soon.....

[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

The newest model is the Craft ROBO Pro and it is lighter in color. The older model is the Craft ROBO Pro II (I know it's confusing) which is dark in color. The new Craft ROBO Pro is the same machine as the Graphtec CE5000-60 just smaller and without the floor stand. The Craft ROBO Pro can handle from 15" -19" wide materials and has a maximum cutting width of 14.6" which is plenty for most T-shirt applications.

Regarding the original question and the registration marks in Illustrator, did you install the plug-in for Illustrator? We normally use the plug-in for Corel Draw and it added a "Cut/Plot" and "Registration Marks" menu items under the application launcher. We don't have Illustrator yet so I can't give you more specifics to that program. The plug-in for Corel Draw is very easy to use and I prefer it to the stand-alone Robo Master software that comes with the Craft Robos. Lots of great features including sizing, mirroring, welding, auto-weed box, multiple copies, etc...

In my opinion the Craft ROBO Pro is a very impressive machine and tops my list for features, power and value in a compact machine.

Hope that helps,

Dave Lawrence
Specialty Graphics Supply Inc.
Specialty Graphics Supply

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You have to install the Illustrator Plug In from the CD... even in Corel. Then you get two new items in your Corel Application Launcher (the rocket icon) for cutting and registration marks. I'm sad to hear that my CE5000-60 is now just an oversized Craft Robo... it must be time to get an 60" FC-something and sell someone the CE!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can only find for sale the basic Craft Robo 2, but I guess I would need the pro (and new) version.

I am ok paying a few bucks more if I get a decent customer service. Any reliable / known shop you heard about ?

Thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts