T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried mixing small glitter flakes from the craft store to make their own shimmer/glitter plastisol inks?

I'm trying to make a pink shimmer/glitter ink and the suppliers don't carry it in pink. I tried using silver shimmer mixed with pink and red but it's just dull and doesn't shimmer much.

In theory I don't see why it wont work but just checking.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I have and yes the ink covered the glitter that you could hardly see it. I then went to my local supplier and he gave me a clear base to mix the glitter with and that worked much better.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is the ink would cover the glitter and make it non-shimmery.
You're absolutely right! I tried and didn't even think about that one. It didn't work so I ended up having to buy a quart of pink shimmer ink. Well, they didn't have pink so I actually mixed red shimmer with silver shimmer to make a pink shimmer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Same here I didn't like the look of the base mixed with the glitter. I was told that I needed the correct glitter flakes so I ended up buying silver shimmer and printing the shirts with that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need a purple shimmer ink for a client. Anyone got any ideas. I kinda need it soon, even if its just a temp solution. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts