T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used one of those little heat pens that attach the crystals and if you had any problems with them. I am only looking to do a few crystals on a few shirts. I am not looking to do entire shirts and wanted to know if anybody has any luck with these.

Also, I saw some shirts with shinny lettering and also with gliter in the letters. Any idea how to achieve this effect.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Jason

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm not sure about the pen that applies rhinestones, but I do know you can effectively do this with a heat press. In reference to the shiny or glitter text, it is probably achieved using heat transfer vinyl and a cutter. There are heat transfer vinyls that comes in glitter, neon, mirror etc. These vinyls can be cut on a cutter and then applied to garment using a heat press.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The vinyl transfer media that i am speaking of, actually comes in a roll form. You would stock rolls of the colors you wanted to create graphics from. Then the roll would be fed through a cutter/plotter machine. This cutter/plotter cuts the designs out that you have sent to it from your computer via a design software. After the designs are cut, the excess material is pulled away, then the remaining graphic is heat applied. This is the technology that you see for names and numbers on the back of uniforms. It sounds like, you might be referring to transfer papers that can be printed on any inkjet printer then cut around using scissors and heat applied.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I apply crystals to t shirts all the time with the little heat pen (bedazzler). It is easy to use. You need to keep the tip clean as glue will stick to it from the crystals causing the crystals to stick to the tip. I use a sharp tipped tweezers to help remove the crystals from the tips.

Cheryl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts