T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are fairly new to embroidery, and I'm still learning how to digitize. I've done a few logos that turned out ok. I just digitized this logo and gave it to my wife to embroidery. We have a Brother PR-600. Every time she tries to sew it out, the thread breaks every few seconds. She says it must be something with the digitizing because she can sew her other patterns ok, using the same thread.

I tried again and modified the pattern by increasing the stitch density. And then it sewed out great. Is this common that certain stitch densities cause sewing problems? Or was this just a fluke?

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Is changing the stitch density absolutely the only change?

I have 2 versions of the same image, one stitches fine every time and the other constantly breaks threads. I could never figure out why one had a problem and the other didn't. Like previously mentioned, I'm pretty certain it's due to very short stitches.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What software where you using, what was your density when you had problems. Sometimes "short stitches" will cause this problem.
PE Design. The first time I just used the default stitch density which was 114. The 2nd one that worked, I used 130 for the stitch density.

·
Registered
498 Posts
In PE Design, the higher the number the higher the density. 114 means 114 stitches per inch. 130 means 130 stitches per inch, therefore more dense. Do you digitize in Layout and Editing or in Design? I will look tonight and see if there is a way to eliminate "short stitches". It could have been that the change in density "eliminated" it. Let me look tonight and I will have more feedback to you. I have PE Design (along with a couple others) and it does a better job with truetype fonts than my "professional" digitizing softwares. What version are you using?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I will look tonight and see if there is a way to eliminate "short stitches".
I don't recall ever seeing this option in PE-Design but the Brother PR-600 does have a setting to delete stitches that are smaller than a certain length. I have mine set to .03...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In PE Design, the higher the number the higher the density. 114 means 114 stitches per inch. 130 means 130 stitches per inch, therefore more dense. Do you digitize in Layout and Editing or in Design? I will look tonight and see if there is a way to eliminate "short stitches". It could have been that the change in density "eliminated" it. Let me look tonight and I will have more feedback to you. I have PE Design (along with a couple others) and it does a better job with truetype fonts than my "professional" digitizing softwares. What version are you using?
Thanks. I didn't really understand how "short stitches" related to stitch density. I digitize in Layout & Editing. I believe it's version 7.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, unless I am trying to "savestitches" I usually use around 145 for fill stitches especially if I have to worry about getting good "opacity".
Good to know. I raised it to 130 because the default 114 looked terrible as well as the thread breaking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts