T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm working to start my own online t-shirt business with the name hkdmz. Anyway, my supplier in China said they could make pure cotton t-shirts with a printed design for £2.70 pounds which is around $4.90USD. What price do people normally consider when they want to sell a t-shirt online? I mean you have to include shipping costs, advertising, web hosting etc. Would you want to sell a t-shirt for around $10USD or more? I'm really none too sure about pricing.

Also, is the cost that my supplier said per t-shirt expensive? Thats with a print but im not sure of the type of print and need to check. Any advice that can be offered about how much you charge your customers from an online site would be appreciated.
:D

Cheers,

Nicolai.

HKDMZ

·
Registered
18 Posts
You may want to get a sample of the pure cotton t-shirt. Is the print 1 color or 4 color, etc? White or color shirts? Screen, heat, DTG? Price is up to you. However, most t-shirt's seem to sell for $14-20. There are alot of factors to determine before you know if 4.90 is a good price. Make sure it's the quality you want.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Also, is the cost that my supplier said per t-shirt expensive?
Depends on how many shirts you are printing per design.

Would you want to sell a t-shirt for around $10USD or more? I'm really none too sure about pricing.
A good way to figure out pricing is to just browse some t-shirt sites and see how much people are charging for their t-shirts :) If you can narrow it down to sites selling a similar type of t-shirts that you'll be selling, it will help you set a price your products.

You'll see t-shirts priced from $7 - $50+ . You just have to figure out where you price is by looking at other t-shirt sites in your niche (and figuring in your production costs).

Shipping costs are paid by the customer buying your t-shirt, so you don't have to factor that in too much.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys. I didnt think about the cuustomer paying shipping costs. I guess it is the quality that matters, i will get hold of a few samples though to see what they're like before i use the supplier for larger orders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts