T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm getting ready to begin the process of having someone design my t-shirt website. I want a site that is pretty straight forward in terms of design, graphics, navigation etc. No roll overs or animation or anything out of the ordinary. Any thoughts or input on what I might expect to pay a web designer for doing this? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
"Too much". Considering the relative lack of difficulty, professional web page design is still surprisingly expensive. I could probably do it for you fairly cheap myself, but I don't really have enough free time to make a commitment like that right now :/ You might look at learning to do it yourself; it really isnt' that hard to learn some basic html and make it yourself.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
You could get a decent web design like what you're talking about for anywhere to $0 - $1000.

I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for sure...and that's on a rare occassion and they better know their stuff (and throw in some hosting, and maybe some programming).

If you're talking about a custom shopping cart to handle the orders, then it might go higher (unless you do it yourself, which many people do).

But just for a decent layout, you can get expect to pay anywhere from zero to a thousand bucks depending on how picky you are and if you know what you're looking for (and where to look ;) )

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the information. I was figuring roughly between $500 - $1000 for 10 or 12 pages. Believe me, if I could make the time, and had the temperment(which I don't) I would do it myself. However, I don't have a problem paying a professional designer for a professional job. It would actually be cost effective in terms of my time. There certainly doesn't seem to be a shortage of qualified people to choose from. I just wanted a ballpark figure as a starting point. Greatly appreciate the information and input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts