T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased CorelDraw to do some of my own t-shirt designs. Really enjoy the program, but being a new user have a question. I seem to be oversaturating the design with color and when I print it off, it bleeds. Can anyone tell me how to change the image resolution to a lower resolution since you can't change the DPI in the new printers anymore. Do I need to do this in Draw or save my image into Photo and then change it there? Please help!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Is your printer's quality setting set to -plain paper-?

·
Registered
950 Posts
What brand of transfer paper are you using?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bestblanks transjet inkjet paper. In the printing instructions for this paper it says use plainpaper setting on printer, set the printing mode to photograph, which I'm not sure where I'm supposed to do that it says in the printer properties driver control panel, but I haven't been able to find anything that says that. Then is says your image resolution must be set in your design software. Using the lower setting will result in using less inks and will help speed up the printing process and will prevent bleeding. Does that help?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using the Epson 1280. I have been told that I need to get pigment dye inks instead of what I have, but what I don't understand is that bestblanks recommended the armur inks for what I am doing, making my own transfers. I think I should have gotten more information before getting into this.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In addition to this board - you may want to check out the yahoo group Heat Transfers for Desktop Printers - very active and a TON of very good information. The 1280 I believe gives you the set up like I explained (best photo - photo etc) - I use an Epson 3000 and Magic Mix inks and transjet II paper - plain paper setting at 720 or sometimes 1440 dpi. I believe your setting will be the photo or best photo. I am not familiar with armur inks so I can't help you there but if they are bleeding then something is definitely wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts