T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will probably be one of the first to ask, but if coreldraw x6 is out, does that means that all of the compatible plugins and macros for x5 are not obsolete? What about DAS Smart Designer and Instant Designer from action Illistrated? Will fashion Factory from Advanced Tshirts work with x6? There is no doubt in my mind I'm buying x6, just curious about current softwares being compatible with it. Thanks!!

· Registered
1,821 Posts
I will probably be one of the first to ask, but if coreldraw x6 is out, does that means that all of the compatible plugins and macros for x5 are not obsolete? What about DAS Smart Designer and Instant Designer from action Illistrated? Will fashion Factory from Advanced Tshirts work with x6? There is no doubt in my mind I'm buying x6, just curious about current softwares being compatible with it. Thanks!!
I can not speak for the other plugins but our stuff all works you just need to move everything into X6 and use the Macro Manager..

See the video below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6sn99mB2Sg[/media]

You will also most likely want to watch the video training series I did on upgrading to X6 with is over 15 tutorials on using X6 especially the new smear tools etc.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQW1u42Cx8[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wn9ZcMCuhw[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVA3ByyG15Y[/media]

· Registered
76 Posts
I am using corel 9 and started looking into x5 a month ago but wasn't quite ready yet. Now I am ready and x6 is out. I read on the corel forum that you have to be an X user to upgrade but I just saw here that if I get within 60 days of release the I can upgrade form corel 9. Did I understand that correctly? Do I get it from corel? I will be all over this if true. What is the actual release date for x6?
Thanks!

· Registered
76 Posts
I went to the link from the above reply and checked it out, I qualify!! I would not have known if I would not have been on this forum. I was on the corel forum and I never saw this mentioned. I am so excited. Thanks alot.

· Registered
1 Posts
Problem Issues that I found with CorelDraw X6.....

I tried the trial X6 for a few days and found that I needed all the following;

1) Had to install to drive C: even though I wanted to install on another drive.

2) Microsoft .Net Framework 4 client profile

3) Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Extended

4) IE7 or higher

5) Windows media player version 10 or higher

None of the above was mentioned in minimal requirements for X6 it's only after you start to install do you find this out.

When I uninstalled the trail X6 it messed up all my plugins for version X5 none work now.

The plugins; Fashion Factory and Design Base no longer work at all X5. The Advanced Button is in the tool bar and the drop down lists the plugins but nothing happens when you click the button. Its as if the plugins were deleted when I uninstalled the X6 trail. Basically I didn't try and use them in X6 I just tried to check out the new changes in X6 and didn't think that it would effect the plugins in X5 on another drive but it did. I have since tried reinstalling the plugins and still nothing works.

I tried to contact support through their email client on Advanced T-Shirt website and haven't heard a word one from support. Very disappointing but hopefully someone here might have an idea as to what happened and how I can recover from the loss.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
114 Posts
I read somewhere that Corel has changed their program so you can only put X6 on 1 or 2 computers instead of what was available in the past. I also heard that after the "special" offer there are other changes in store for Corel users of older versions.
What have others heard?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.