T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Re: X6 anyone

Very interested in hearing real reviews, especially Advanced Artist and whether it works well with their pug ins etc. Corel is offering "special" upgrade for 90 days for any older version, after 90 days you have to have X4 or X5 to be eligible for upgrade.

from Corel:

To purchase this product, you must own a previous licensed version of CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X4 or X5, or CorelDRAW® Premium Suite X5. Please note that upgrade eligibility excludes Academic, Home and Student, OEM and Not for Resale (NFR) versions.

Note:
For the first 90 days following the launch of CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6, we are offering a special upgrade promotion for all users that are currently working with an older version of CorelDRAW®, CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™, Corel DESIGNER®, Micrografx Designer, Micrografx Graphics Suite, Micrografx / Corel® Picture Publisher®, or Corel® Painter™. Please use the 90 Day Special Upgrade Promotion procedure located at www.corel.com/installcenter to obtain a valid upgrade key. This offer is only valid for submissions received before midnight on June 18, 2012.

· Registered
1,831 Posts

Anyone given x6 a run yet ? I didn't find many reviews on it.
X6 is a huge improvement. All I can say is "Finally X5 is over!"

I uploaded a massive tutorial series on youtube and my site with something like 16 new free tutorials on X6.

I think the biggest thing for me is the new Smear Tool... Its a mind blower.. and how faster DRAW is and actually it is also much more stable.

· Registered
3,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I uploaded a massive tutorial series on youtube and my site with something like 16 new free tutorials on X6.

I think the biggest thing for me is the new Smear Tool... Its a mind blower.. and how faster DRAW is and actually it is also much more stable.

Does X6 fix some of the problems like loading big files or files with a lot of nodes ? How is the color mgmt on this version ? And the crashes a lot of users seem to have ?

Thanks
Mark

· Registered
634 Posts

X6 is a huge improvement. All I can say is "Finally X5 is over!"​
Thanks! I started on X3, then upgraded to X5. I didn't seem to have as bad of a crashing problem that a lot of people had, but I did have crashes.

The one thing I noticed was a big improvement from X3 to X5 was the tracing functions. Hopefully it is even more improved on X6. I'll probably try it out this weekend.

· Registered
1,831 Posts

Does X6 fix some of the problems like loading big files or files with a lot of nodes ? How is the color mgmt on this version ? And the crashes a lot of users seem to have ?

Thanks
Mark
Yes it does, it handles files that previous versions choked on. there is a new Color Styles Docker that is a huge improvement in color management. It is much more stable that before. I am doing things with the new vector tools I have been waiting for years to be able to to do.

· Registered
214 Posts

I listened to the webinar this morning and the new version looks great. For the people asking for a review, why not just download the 30 day free trial from the Corel website? I asked and they said you can install it along side any current installation of Corel and run them both.

Eric

· Registered
100 Posts

Are the plug ins purchased from you for previous versions (I have X3) all compatible with X6, do you recommend upgrading (I think I recall you suggesting not to go to X5 as it had issues)

· Registered
9,864 Posts

Yes it does, it handles files that previous versions choked on. there is a new Color Styles Docker that is a huge improvement in color management. It is much more stable that before. I am doing things with the new vector tools I have been waiting for years to be able to to do.
what vector tools are these? Specifically, what new things can a screen printer look forward to?

· Registered
372 Posts

I got to say I am loving X6. I was on the beta and as someone who uses PowerClip a lot and accustom to styling with CSS, I found the new improvements a treat!

It felt more punchy also and as someone who hates hard drive flashes and hour glasses that is important to me.

Color harmony is pretty cool also!

· Registered
605 Posts

I got to say I am loving X6. I was on the beta and as someone who uses PowerClip a lot and accustom to styling with CSS, I found the new improvements a treat!

It felt more punchy also and as someone who hates hard drive flashes and hour glasses that is important to me.

Color harmony is pretty cool also!

Will X6 be usable with Wilcom?
I currently run ES 2.0 level 3 (which has X5 as the graphics)

· Registered
372 Posts

Hi Bungy,

To be honest for that you will need to check with Wilcom. DecoNetwork is actually an independent company and Wilcom is a reseller of our platform. We are even in a different office so best to check in with their sales / support team.

As for DecoNetwork we absolutely will support CorelDRAW X6. Our current DecoNetwork version 4.1 supports CorelDRAW X5 but an update to this wont be long.

Cheers,
Brenden

· Registered
9,864 Posts

Is simple seps be compatible with X6?

· Registered
47 Posts

Will X6 allow you to use Photoshop CS3 thru CS5 brushes? I was close to buying Smart Designer X4.5 and had a strong intuition that Corel should be releasing X6 soon, that was about two weeks ago. However, I opt and purchased Advance Artist videos and the Click and Learn videos. Both of these series are just great. I would like to view the the Corel Unleashed videos also. I think I will try X6 trial.

· Registered
8,374 Posts

I also want to know about the advancedartist products and how they run in X6. Specifically simple seps.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.