T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if any one can help with a printing problem. I have a image in corel 2.5in by 3.0in when I go to print image size changes I only find this out when it is printed it will make it smaller or if I take off reg marks it will make it bigger all i WANT IT TO DO IS PRINT THE SIZE IT IS IN IN MY DOCUMENT. why does it keep changing the size please help?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Re: coreldraw x3

It has to do with the settings in Corel, also what kind of image it is. See what your settigs are as fare as print to fit etc.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

According to Corel's help, crop mark printing requires .5" on each side for your paper size, which means your page size should be .5" less on each side. So in order to get an accurate print with crop marks, you should set your page size at 7.5" width, 10" height. Easiest way to change this is to deselect everything, you should see the page dimensions at the top now, just alter their values.

If you think of it this way, Corel prints what it sees normally, but with crop marks enabled, it has no way to ensure, for example, that you aren't printing a big black square over where it normally prints the cropmark. So to ensure that the page is printed as it is seen (albeit not properly sized), it resizes automatically to be able to fit in the cropmarks. When you have the page size and width adjusted smaller, it can print on the areas outside of the page layout because you specify the size of the paper.

Hope I didn't confuse ya there, I'm a bit tired heh, but adjusting your page size to 7.5"x10" should solve it for ya.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I the image is a pic with text that I was trying to print for a pocket print also I used the same pic and text and tried to blow it up for a sign also and page size 18by24 image size 16by22 printed as tile 2-1 on 13by19 film 2 piecesimage comes out on film and is cut off at the bottom to big how if all my sizes are correct maybe you can give me an idea what to check ALSO TaKE OFF REG MARKS that seems to blow up the image bigger than my sizes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts