T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is a scalloped edge the same as a beveled edge??

If so then you just go to the "Window" dropdown, select "Dockers" and click on "Bevel" That will give you your bevel docker on the right side of the screen. There are some fun options in adjusting your bevel through that docker.

If it is not a bevel your looking for then I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
transform and rotate a small circle the radius of the desired scallop
then
weld them all together
then
break apart the welded shape

the inner circle is the scalloped one.

You can also do a back minus front if you prefer///

Some folks recommend using the BLEND docker and applying it to the curve but I think that takes longer than my way.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
transform and rotate a small circle the radius of the desired scallop
then
weld them all together
then
break apart the welded shape

the inner circle is the scalloped one.

You can also do a back minus front if you prefer///
Ohhh...so thats a scalloped look...guess I was way off on that one.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The step people forget is that you have to change the rotation point of the object that you want to rotate so that it matches the center of the circle. You click the object twice to get the rotational properties pointers then move the center to the new point of rotation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
another fun way is to use the polygon tool....

Use the CTRL to draw a perfect polygon, then set the # of sides to something you like (say, 20-25)
Then delete the deeper node (it affects all of them)
Then select the line segment and convert it to a curve segment
Then use the node tool to select the curve segment in the middle and drag it wherever you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great tips Glen....I have been using X3 since it first came out and every day I learn something new! What a great program! Not to happy with the X5 though....can't put the tool bar on top anymore(it seems to be locked on the left side) and the export feature lost the sizing feature which I use constantly....unless these features are still there and I missed them somehow....

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have X5 but still waiting for a Graphtec plugin that works with it. Still on X4 for now. I noticed the mouse wheel zoom was not working in X5 like it did before. Have to get under the hood and see if it is a preference setting somewhere. I am addicted to the mouse wheel zoom in.

I hate having to work with an Illy file and I can't zoom in to the exact pixel!

·
Registered
138 Posts
another fun way is to use the polygon tool....

Use the CTRL to draw a perfect polygon, then set the # of sides to something you like (say, 20-25)
Then delete the deeper node (it affects all of them)
Then select the line segment and convert it to a curve segment
Then use the node tool to select the curve segment in the middle and drag it wherever you want.
Now THAT is cool! The overlooked polygon tool is one that I've more than once seen used in imaginative ways. Good thinking and thanks for posting. - Scotty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts