T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*just a note, this isnt spam or shameless advertising, i am just really happy with these two products...

just found and installed two macros from macromonster.com and they are already helping boost workflow a LOT!! if your running film outputs from coreldraw, check out "woxxom's swatch macro, which makes a small swatch of every spot color used in your document, making it very easy to realize that you have used pantone 300u and pantone 301u in the same file! Also, dz-channels gives you a powerful channels pallette right in your coreldraw workspace, without being limited to what your printer is capable of. These two macros, in conjunction with eachother are in my opinion, almost invaluable, and def. worth the twenty dollar price tag!!

However, does anyone know of a good way to merge all blacks (rgb, grayscale, cmyk) into a pantone black in one step? ( besides the find and replace option)

Bret

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes - go into the Windows tab at the top, then hover over Dockers and make sure you have a check mark next to Color Styles.

-A new window should pop up and have a folder with the names of your current open documents. Click the folder and it will show you all the colors used in that file.
-To replace them you right click on the color you want to replace and choose edit color. Once you change the color to whatever you want it will "find" all of those pieces in your design and replace them all with your new color. So you won't have to "find" and select each individual piece.

To refresh the list in the docker window - delete them all (don't worry, doing this won't delete your design) then select all pieces of your design and drag them over into this docker window and they should all pop back up- correctly refreshed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
*just a note, this isnt spam or shameless advertising, i am just really happy with these two products...

just found and installed two macros from macromonster.com and they are already helping boost workflow a LOT!!

However, does anyone know of a good way to merge all blacks (rgb, grayscale, cmyk) into a pantone black in one step? ( besides the find and replace option)

Bret
Hi Bret,

glad those macros are working great for you.

As to your Q: I made this 9 mb movie regardling CorelDRAW X4 color styles...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

just found and installed two macros from macromonster.com and they are already helping boost workflow a LOT!! if your running film outputs from coreldraw, check out "woxxom's swatch macro, which makes a small swatch of every spot color used in your document, making it very easy to realize that you have used pantone 300u and pantone 301u in the same file! Also, dz-channels gives you a powerful channels pallette right in your coreldraw workspace, without being limited to what your printer is capable of. These two macros, in conjunction with eachother are in my opinion, almost invaluable, and def. worth the twenty dollar price tag!!

Bret
There is a limit colors macro at...
LimitColors Macro Module

With that macro you can select all your objects and select the color pallette you want it limited to. For example you cound limit all the color RGB CMYK to Pantone and the macro will convert everything to pantone colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts