T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I can not figure out how to add text inside a vector clip art banner. It is for a 50th anniversay logo and I need to put the organizations name in it.
Any suggestions...I am pretty new to this, and I have tried to read my Corel Draw book, but am not getting anywhere.
Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You can do it a couple of ways:

1. Click on the text tool and then click on the path you'd like to type on. A blinking cursor should appear allowing you to type.

2. Type our your text, then go to "text" --- "fit text to path" then move the cursor where you'd like to put the text. It should snap once you reach a path.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Best way would be to draw a new path that follows the curve of your banner.
Tyoe in your text (without deselecting the text)
go to text/fit text to path.
(The curser will change)
Click the new path (line) you drew.
The text should now be on the path. edit by adjusting the kerning, etc.

You can shift select the path and delete it.
Shift select the path and make the outline have no fill color

Without knowing what version of Corel its hard to say what method is best. there are a couple of ways you can do it.

You can also use the envelope tool to warp the text inside the banner.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Hello
Corel x3. Need help in deleting the path line.
I put text on a a half arc .
However I can't get the arc path line to be gone , to delete it.
When I try I lose my text too.
I tried the shift and delete above but not working.

I then want to add a half arc at the bottom in the opposite direction but when I try it the text associates with first arc.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Best way would be to draw a new path that follows the curve of your banner.
Tyoe in your text (without deselecting the text)
go to text/fit text to path.
(The curser will change)
Click the new path (line) you drew.
The text should now be on the path. edit by adjusting the kerning, etc.
I have tried this over and over, watched video tutorials, read the help files and I just can't make it happen in X4. I must have tried it fifty times now and it worked twice. Obviously I'm missing something fundamental but I don't know what, I mean the directions are simple and consistent from tutorial to tutorial.

The error I get is:
The object you selected is invalid.
Would you like to try again.

YES|NO

Any help is appreciated. I'm trying to switch from Illustrator to Coreldraw and so far most things are easier but I'm struggling with text to path.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yea Rick I have a similar problem. I have a seal design that I need to put text on top and on bottom. The text on top goes on fine with fit to path. But when I do the bottom I get the object is invalid or the text goes on top of the other text. Can't get text to hang from the bottom of the seal. What do I need to do? I'm using CoreDraw 12.

·
Registered
746 Posts
richard! you're back?!?!? hope all is well - you've been missed ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi, I can not figure out how to add text inside a vector clip art banner. It is for a 50th anniversay logo and I need to put the organizations name in it.
Any suggestions...I am pretty new to this, and I have tried to read my Corel Draw book, but am not getting anywhere.
Thank you for any help.
On youtube if you search "Corel text to curve" there are several videos on this subject.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts