T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an epson stylus photo 2200. When I try to print color separations from CorelDraw it doesn't look right. Shouldn't my separations be in black? I am getting grey on some of them. Of course since I am so new I am sure I am doing something wrong but I just don't know what it is! Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Susan

·
Registered
382 Posts
Should be flat black unless you are using halftones. If you are using halftones in your designs you'll need a RIP software. But if they are solid spot colors then you should be fine just going from corel to the printer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
identityburn said:
If you are using halftones in your designs you'll need a RIP software.

Just thought I'd throw this in there - we use RIP software made by a commpany called Wasatch to print separations to film on an Epson 4800. If you needed a place to start researching....

The software was around $1500.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you but I already have fast rip from Screen Printing Institute. I think I have it somewhat figured out now. I just have to make a separate file for each color. Thanks so much for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
virtuous1 said:
Thank you but I already have fast rip from Screen Printing Institute. I think I have it somewhat figured out now. I just have to make a separate file for each color. Thanks so much for your help!

We do separate files as well at times - sure makes trapping easier if you do it manually ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts